Making cool treats like snow cones is a good summer kickstart. Or using your Yonana machine to whip up these tasty vegan ice cream recipes.. But, you can’t miss this easy 3-ingredient homemade ice cream.
3-ingredient ice cream? Sounds so good to be true, but it’s not! You don’t even need an ice cream maker with this one, meaning no churn is required. Well, I just use my favorite Amazon whisk, which does the magic.
I was also mind-blown when I saw this recipe on the internet. I can’t believe that you can make ice cream with just three ingredients. It is the easiest ice cream recipe I made!
Plus, you can make this with endless variations. You can add a variety of flavors and toppings.
I know you’re excited to get into the recipe. So, let’s get started!
What is no-churn ice cream?
No-churn ice cream is an ice cream made without an ice cream maker. It also means you do not have to worry about egg yolks or fussy custard.
It’s very easy to make, and even a kid could make it. And the best part is its result is such a rich, soft depth of flavor that melts into your mouth.
It’s a great activity with your kids on hot summer days or any time of the year!
Enjoy homemade ice cream for your kids and a glass of sangria for you and your partner. Also, check out the best wine to use for sangria!
What are the best things about making no-churn ice cream?
- It only needs two ingredients that you likely already have in your kitchen. The additional ingredients are optional.
- It only takes five minutes to whip and about 4 minutes to freeze.
- Plus, it produces smooth and creamy ice cream with no ice crystals. And nobody can believe it was not made with a machine to make ice cream.
- No-churn ice cream last longer. You can cook different flavors and store them in the freezer.
- You can blend vanilla ice and milk cream in a blender. And you’ll get the most amazing vanilla smoothie you have ever tasted. Also, I reviewed some for you if you’re looking for the best blenders.
- And unlike traditional ice cream, this one has no eggs, which means it’s egg-free, a dessert that is suitable for everyone. Check out my no-egg ice cream recipe for more details!
How to make no-churn ice cream with 3 ingredients?
- 2 cups of heavy whipping cream
- One 14-ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
- Flavor of choice (I use vanilla extract for this recipe)
- Add all the ingredients needed for the ice cream into the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the ice cream base into a freezer-safe container, cover, and chill for 5 hours or until the ice cream is solid.
- Once you are ready to serve, make sure that the ice cream has time to be thawed for between 2 and 5 minutes. Scoop the ice cream into bowls and serve. Invest in the best ice cream scooper for a perfect presentation!
How long does homemade 3-ingredient ice cream last?
After making the ice cream, the key is protecting it from temperature changes. According to In The Kitchen With Matt, homemade ice cream will last for a few weeks before crystalization happens.
Here are some ways to ensure that the ice cream remains fresh!
- You should cover the ice cream with plastic wrap before placing the lid on the container. It helps prevent ice crystals from appearing on top of the ice cream.
- Place the ice cream in a flat container instead of a deep one.
- To keep the temperature consistent, place it near the back of the freezer rather than the door.
What toppings can you add for no-churn ice cream?
The options to change your homemade ice cream taste are endless. Simply add a handful of add-ins and freeze according to the package directions. Switch out the vanilla extract for your favorite flavors.
- Swirl some peanut butter, Nutella, or cookie butter on top.
- Chopped nuts or broken graham cracker/cookie crumbs
- M&Ms, chocolate chips, or butterscotch chips
- Lightly crushed fresh strawberries, peaches, or cherries
- You can try adding the edible dough cookie to make the ultimate dessert!
People Also Ask
What are the three most common ingredients in ice cream?
After all, it’s mostly made of just three things: milk, cream, and sugar.
What makes ice cream smooth and creamy?
It’s because of the egg yolks. Egg yolks, which are rich in fat and protein, make your ice cream thick and creamy.
Why does my homemade ice cream have such a hard texture?
Larger ice crystals form if the ice cream is not churned quickly enough, making the frozen treat too solid. It will help prevent it from freezing as hard if it is whipped with more air as it is churned faster.
It’s easy, quick, and requires three ingredients to make tasty homemade ice cream! It’s my go-to cool treat during the summer, and you can make it yours too!
The sky is the limit to mix and match your favorite flavors with this 3-ingredient homemade ice cream! It’s also perfect for serving on top of cakes or brownies and crisps.
My handmade ice cream goes well with homemade waffles. And how can I make waffles quickly and perfectly? Of course, using Amazon’s best cast iron waffle maker!
What are your favorite ice cream toppings? Let me know in the comments!